Louis & Nelli Skalny Scholarship for Polish Studies
American Council for Polish Culture
Two Skalny $3,000 scholarships for 2013 open
For the thirteen consecutive year the Louis Skalny Foundation is donating a grant for the Louis & Nellie Skalny Scholarship for Polish Studies. For the year 2013, two $3,000 scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing some Polish studies (major may be in other fields) at universities in the United States and have completed at least two years of college or university work at an accredited institution. The American Council for Polish Culture will administer the program and will award the scholarships by the fall of 2013.
Material required from applicants for the Louis and Nellie Skalny Scholarship Award of $3,000 is as follows:
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Evidence of completion of two years of college or university work at an accredited institution - most recent official university transcript (original to Chairperson, copies to the other committee members - see below).
- Resume. Include a section on POLISH STUDIES wherein you list all courses completed for university credit or certification. Note: major may be in field other than Polish studies.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member who teaches Polish subjects.
- A copy of an academic project on a Polish topic in English that was submitted as part of a course requirement. Include the name, position and current address of the evaluator and his/her evaluation of the project.
- A description of your personal involvement in the mainstream community intended to promote Polish history and/or culture.
- A letter of recommendation from an individual with direct knowledge of your community activities as described in #6 above.
NOTE: Prior winners are ineligible
All materials for the scholarships must be received on or before May 15, 2013 (faxes NOT accepted). Originals of all materials must be mailed to the Skalny Scholarship Chairperson and duplicate copies must be mailed to the other Committee Members:
Ms. Ursula Brodowicz, M.S.
Chairperson, Skalny Scholarships Committee
11 Brinley Way
Newington, CT 06111
Mrs. Deborah M. Majka, M.S.
812 Lombard St. #12
Philadelphia PA 19147
Ms. Ange Iwanczyk
833 Fairdale Ave.
Ambridge PA 15003-1608
Mr. Marion V. Winters, M.A.
51 Camile Rd.
Webster MA 01570-3148
Ms. Evelyn Bachorski-Bowman, MA, MFA
1914 South Hill Rd
Milford, MI 48381-3231
Please direct any questions regarding the above to Ursula Brodowicz at email@example.com or 860-521-0201
All materials submitted by applicants will become part of the records of the American Council for Polish Culture and will not be returned. More information can be found on www.polishcultureacpc.org