Associate Professor of Arabic Language and Literature
Ph.D. (1991), Princeton
Specialties: Arabic Languages and Literature
436 Rush Rhees Library
Department of Religion and Classics
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627
(585) 275-5224 (office)
(585) 275-5378 (Department office)
(585) 276-1230 (fax)
Dan Beaumont's personal webpage
- The Arabian Nights, ARA148
- "The 'Lone Nut' Theory: Paranoia and Recognition in Contemporary American Fiction," in Recognition in Narrative, Film and Opera, ed. Philip F. Kennedy and Marilyn Lawrence (forthcming).
- Un Conte Dormir Debout: Voltaire's Fictions and The 1001 Nights," ed. Salma Jayyusi, Cambridge (forthcoming).
- Hardball: Political Violence and Ideology in Mamluk History," in Mamluk Studies Review, 2004
- "Literary Form and Narrative Technique in the Arabian Nights," in The Arabian Nights Encyclopedia, 2004.
- "So Much Truth: Joe Beard's Blues," Living Blues, Vol. 24, No. 3, Fall 2003, pp. 28-36.
- "So Much Truth; the Life & Music of Joe Beard, to air RCTV December 2004.
- Hardboiled: Narrative Discourse in Early Muslim Traditions, Studia Islamica, 83, 1996, pp. 5-31.
- Slave of Desire: Sex, Love and Death in The 1001 Nights. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press (May 2002).
Dr. Beaumont's Personal Web Space:
For more information about his articles and to access his video works, please visit http://rochester.edu/College/faculty/dbeaumon.