Requirements for Minors
Minor in Arabic
- ARA 101 and 102, or the equivalent.
- Four courses of close textual analysis and interpretation, chosen from a wide range of Arabic texts, and read in the original language.
Minor in Classical Civilization
- A course focusing on the history of the ancient world, e.g., CLA 102, CLA 210.
- A course surveying the literature and/or mythology of the ancient world, e.g., CLA 135, CLA 140.
- Four additional courses, which may include language courses as well as courses in translation; 101 and 102 courses in the languages may count.
Minor In Greek
- 6 courses in Greek; may include 101 and 102.
Minor In Latin
- 6 courses in Latin; may include 101 and 102.
Minor in Religion
- Either REL 101 or 102.
- One course in the history of a religious tradition, either REL 103, 104, 105, 106, or 107.
- REL 293.
- Three other courses in religion, selected in consultation with the student's advisor in the Department.