Study Abroad—Applying to CIEE Programs
Affiliated CIEE Programs
Beijing, Nanjing, CHINA | Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC | Paris, FRANCE | Accra & Legon, GHANA | Budapest, HUNGARY | Naples, ITALY (Classical Studies) | Amman, JORDAN | Warsaw, POLAND | St. Petersburg, RUSSIA | Dakar, SENEGAL | Taipei, TAIWAN | Khon Kaen, THAILAND
- Your first step is to attend a Study Abroad General Information Meeting if you have not already done so. Schedules are available at the Center for Study Abroad.
- Submit the Study Abroad Proposal. It is due September 15 for spring study abroad, and February 15 for fall or full year study abroad.
- Make an appointment with a Study Abroad Adviser.
- Apply for or renew your Passport NOW. http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
- Application deadlines: April 1 or November 1 if you submit your materials directly to CIEE. If you submit your materials to the Center for Study Abroad, all materials must reach us by March 25 for fall and full year programs; October 18 for spring programs. Deadlines for some programs are earlier; check the CIEE web site. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
- CIEE will notify you of their decision on your application three to four weeks after their deadline. If you are admitted, you will submit a non-refundable confirmation deposit of $300 to the Center for Study Abroad.
- Even if you have not yet been admitted to a study abroad program, you must attend the Study Abroad Pre-departure Seminar and successfully complete the on-line orientation course. Learn more »»
Send all parts of the application to CIEE or to: Center for Study Abroad, Lattimore 206, ATTN: CIEE.
Instructions for applying to CIEE programs are outlined on the Application Instructions. Please read this and the relevant catalog thoroughly. Keep a copy of your application.
- Application fee: Not needed for affiliated CIEE programs (see top of this page).
- Personal data form: You may apply to more than on center or program on the same application. Note that if you have a 2nd choice CIEE will not consider you for it unless your first choice program is unavailable. Be sure to sign and date the form.
- Academic information form
- Transcript : Go to the Registrar’s Office in Latt. 312 (or request through ACCESS) and have one official copy sent to the Center for Study Abroad or to CIEE. Allow at least one week for processing and mailing.
- Home School Nomination: Fill out the top part; we will process the form. ”). Allow at least one week for processing and mailing. For programs listed above, check “Our institution agrees to accept the CIEE academic record…”
- Passport size photos: include six (8 for Ghana); print your name on the back of each.
- Personal Statement
- Evaluations: (two) Fill out and sign the top part; give to the professors. Professors should send letters directly to Lattimore 206 or to CIEE.
- Foreign Language Evaluation: Required only for centers where courses are taught in a foreign language. Give to a professor most familiar with your language ability. This recommender can be one of the professors above.
- Additional materials: As specified in the CIEE Application Instructions.
- Scholarship application: Apply for any for which you are eligible. Deadlines are April 1 and November 1. Send directly to CIEE.