Affiliations and Accreditations
- Consortium On Financing Higher Education (COFHE)
- Rochester is one of the 31 members of this association of the nation's top private colleges and universities.
- Association of American Universities (AAU)
- Rochester is one of 62 members of this prestigious organization of the leading public and private research and graduate institutions in the United States and Canada.
The University of Rochester is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the New York State Board of Regents, and the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs. Programs within the University's Schools and Colleges are accredited by the following agencies:
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, Inc.
- Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education
- American Academy of Microbiology
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Clinical and Pastoral Education
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council on Education for Public Health
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education