Financial Statement Highlights
Endowment Assets and Similar Funds
- On the University's balance sheet (included on the line for Investments), the value of the endowment and similar funds net assets was $1.41 billion.
- The University has a highly diversified investment portfolio involving approximately sixty managers, with an increasing amount of assets invested in classes that are not correlated with publicly-traded securities.
- Asset allocation of the endowment is similar to those of other private universities.
- The net return for the year was 12.7%. Over the past five years, the average annual net return was 5.9%.
- The University's investment return for the year was above the average of its closest peer institutions.
For more information: www.rochester.edu/endowment