2008-09 Financial Statement Highlights
and Similar Funds
- On the University's balance sheet (included on the line for Investments), the value of the endowment and similar funds net assets was $1.28 billion.
- Additional funds under management by the Investment Office are included on the line for operating investments.
- The University has a highly diversified investment portfolio involving approximately eighty-five managers, with an increasing amount of assets invested in classes that are not correlated with publicly-traded securities.
- Asset allocation of the endowment is similar to those of other private universities.
- The net return for the year was a negative 19.8%. Over the past five years, the average annual net return was 4.2%.
For more information: www.rochester.edu/endowment