Balance Sheet Highlights
- Total net assets increased $52 million.
- Investments Held for Long-Term Purposes increased $130 million to $2.4 billion. The total market value of the endowment at year end was $2.1 billion, reflecting a return of 4.3%.
- Property, Plant and Equipment increased $85.2 million to $1.9 billion.
- Unrestricted net assets increased by $2.9 million.
- Long-term debt increased to $1.2 billion.
Consolidated Balance Sheets as of June 30, 2015 and 2014
|($ in thousands)||2014||2013|
|Cash and cash equivalents||$ 450,595||$ 467,619|
|Operating investments, at market|| 317,703|| 308,741|
|Accounts receivable, net|| 311,114 ||333,036|
|Inventories, prepaid expenses and deferred charges||71,200 ||64,216|
|Contributions receivable, net||100,827||92,498|
|Notes receivable, net||49,994||48,730|
|Investments held for long-term purposes||2,445,777||2,315,847|
|Property, plant and equipment, net||1,899,849||1,814,641|
|Interest in net assets of foundation||17,567||17,749|
|Investments in perpetual trusts held by others||56,233||57,526|
|Liabilities and Net Assets|
| Accounts payable and accrued expenses||$ 425,413|| 399,286|
| Advance receipt of sponsored research revenues||12,390 ||24,927|
| Deferred revenue||62,323||62,136/td>|
| Third-party settlements payable, net||138,116 ||122,623|
| Accrued pension, post-retirement, post-employment obligations||445,645||402,166|
| Long-term debt||1,216,632||1,126,265|
| Asset retirement obligation||27,680||27,241|
| Refundable U.S. Government grants for student loans||16,321||16,187|
|Net assets:|| || |
| Temporarily restricted||705,512||703,531|
| Permanently restricted||504,550||463,790|
|Total Net Assets||3,401,656||3,355,979|
| Total Liabilities and Net Assets||$ 5,746,176||$ 5,536,810|
Page updated 12/14/2015
Maintained by University Communications. Problems with this site? Please contact our webmaster.