Endowment Assets and Similar Funds
- On the University's balance sheet (included on the line for Investments held for long-term purposes), the value of the endowment and similar funds net assets was $2.3 billion.
- Additional funds under management by the Office of Institutional Resources are included on the line for Long-term investment income and gains allocated to operations.
- The University has a highly diversified investment portfolio managed by approximately ninety firms with a significant portion of the fund invested in asset classes that are not correlated with publicly-traded securities.
- • Asset allocation of the endowment is similar to those of other private universities.
- • The net return for the year was positive 18.7%.
For more information: www.rochester.edu/endowment