Endowment Assets and Similar Funds
- On the University's balance sheet (included on the line for Investments), the value of the endowment and similar funds net assets was $1.9 billion.
- Additional funds under management by the Office of Institutional Resources are included on the line for operating investments.
- The University has a highly diversified investment portfolio managed by approximately eighty-five firms, with a significant portion of the fund invested in asset classes that are not correlated with publicly-traded securities.
- Asset allocation of the endowment is similar to those of other private universities.
- The net return for the year was positive 12%.
For more information: www.rochester.edu/endowment