Sponsored Research and Gifts
- During 2011-12 sponsored program activity across the University decreased from $407.2 million to $383.2 million.
- Expenditures for the School of Medicine and Dentistry decreased 11.6% or $31 million to $237.1 million.
- Arts, Sciences and Engineering expenditures (excluding the Laboratory for Laser Energetics) decreased 3% over prior year to $58.2 million.
- External funding for the Laboratory for Laser Energetics increased 15.6% compared to the prior year from $60.2 million to $69.6 million.
- During 2011-12, gift (cash) receipts increased $78.0 million to $92.9 million, up 19.1%.