Post a Position
Job and Internship Postings
Our online job and internship posting system is powered by Handshake, which allows you to post your organization’s available positions and then view candidates. You can also submit requests for on-campus interview dates, register for events and information sessions, and more.
The Gwen M. Greene Career and Internship Center’s staff review all submissions each business day. We approve and then post listings for full-time jobs (pre- and post-graduation) and fellowship programs.
You can also post internships, an easy, cost-effective way to fill short-term needs with potential long-term employees. You get to “test drive” employees that have the knowledge and skills you need, while students receive an education that blends classroom training with practical work. Our students pursue internships for experience and/or academic credit (coordinating the credit is the student’s responsibility).
There is no cost to post your positions with us through Handshake. For unpaid internships, please review the US Department of Labor’s test for unpaid interns and the definition of internships by the National Association of College and Employers (NACE).
To post part-time, pre-graduate job opportunities, we recommend using snagajob.com. Fees may apply when using non-University vendors, but we encourage our students to check such sites for their part-time work needs.
For questions about job postings or internships, contact Megan Vargulick, Director of Employer & Alumni Connections, at email@example.com.
How to Post
Start by creating an account with Handshake.
Once you have an account and have logged in, you can post a position:
- Start by selecting the “Jobs” tab on the left side of the navigation bar. This will bring up the Job Postings page.
- Next select “New Job” in the upper right-hand corner.
- On the job form, fill out the required fields and then select “Create Job” at the end of the form. We encourage you to fill out as many of the fields as possible to ensure the position shows up in as many searches as possible.
- Next, Handshake will ask you to fill in the “Job Qualifications” to find matches with qualified students. Once you’re finished, hit “Update Qualifications.”
- This will bring you the to job summary page, where you can see all the information you just entered. The new job you created will show up on the Job Postings page after review and approval by a staff member (submissions are checked by staff once per business day).