How to Begin
- Explore the following resources to start planning your education abroad experience:
- Meet with an Education Abroad Advisor
- The Center for Education Abroad continues to support undergraduate students by email or Zoom. If you wish to meet with an advisor, please call (585) 275-7532, email, or schedule a Zoom appointment via our online scheduling system.
- Research destination-specific risks using Worldcue Planner (Net ID required).
- Obtain Course Approval.
- Get your passport and apply for a visa.
- Review transfer credit policies.
- Review the checklist for student travelers.
- Review health care recommendations and requirements.
- Request permission to study abroad.
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships.
**Please be advised that some programs have an earlier deadline than 10/01.
Preparing to Leave
- Prepare to use your email while abroad.
- Review the health and safety risks of your host country, using Worldcue Planner (Net ID required).
- Learn about the culture in your host country.
- Pack and store your belongings.
- Complete all pre-departure requirements.