- Auditions are open to everyone (from freshmen to Take 5 scholars and graduate students).
- Want to Stage Manage or work backstage? Come to auditions too and sign up for a stage management interview.
- No prior theatrical experience is necessary!
- The location for all auditions is Todd Theatre Lobby (in Todd Union) on River Campus.
- Get cast (or stage manage) and get credit! (All productions are worth a minimum of 4 credits).
- Want to have a better shot at being cast? Read the play before auditioning! (Copies are available on reserve at Rush Rhees Library and from the Theatre Program office in Todd Union, Room 207).
- Haven't got an audition piece or a monologue? Just show up at auditions and you'll still be eligible to be cast (though it always helps to prepare!)
for A Bright Room Called Day:
Audition dates Please Note: **schedule change!**:
Sunday, September 8 at 10:00 a.m.
Preparation: Please prepare any monologue from any play of your choice.
for UR Performing12!:
Two exciting evenings of performance from some of UR's premiere performance groups!
Do you have a performance group and want to be a part of this event? Contact Alison or call 273-5159.
for An Enemy of the People and Madame de Sade:
Friday, January 17 at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, January 18 at 2:00 p.m.
Preparation: Please prepare any short monologue from any play of your choice.
for the Sixteenth Annual One-Act New Play Festival:
Friday, January 31 at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, February 1 at 2 p.m.
Audition requirements: Just show up! (No need to prepare anything.) If a musical is selected and you wish to audition for it, prepare a short song to sing (a capella)!
Enter the Sixteenth Annual One-Act New Play Competition!
Interested in writing a one-act play? (Win a $100 prize for the best play!)
Write a short (no more than 20 minutes in length) one-act play on any subject.
Submission deadline: 5:00 p.m., Friday, January 17, 2014
Hand scripts in at Todd Union, Room 207. All submissions must be accompanied by a
Interested in directing a One-Act? (Win a $100 prize for the best production!)