- Auditions are open to everyone (from freshmen to Take 5 scholars and graduate students).
- Want to Stage Manage or work backstage? Come to auditions too and sign up for a stage management interview.
- No prior theatrical experience is necessary!
- The location for all auditions is Todd Theatre Lobby (in Todd Union) on River Campus.
- Get cast (or stage manage) and get credit! (All productions are worth a minimum of 4 credits).
- Want to have a better shot at being cast? Read the play before auditioning! (Copies are available on reserve at Rush Rhees Library and from the Theatre Program office in Todd Union, Room 107).
- Haven't got an audition piece or a monologue? Just show up at auditions and you'll still be eligible to be cast (though it always helps to prepare!)
for Ubu Roi and for The Rochester Plays:
Friday, August 31 at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 1 at 2:00 p.m.
Preparation: Please prepare any monologue (preferably comic) from any play of your choice.
for UR Performing11!:
Two exciting evenings of performance from some of UR's premiere performance groups!
Do you have a performance group and want to be a part of this event? Contact Kelsey or call 273-5159.
for The Glass Menagerie (Spring Auditions):
Friday, January 18 at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, January 19 at 2:00 p.m.
Preparation: Please prepare any short monologue from any play of your choice.
for the Fifteenth Annual One-Act New Play Festival:
Friday, February 1 at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, February 2 at 2 p.m.
Audition requirements: Just show up! (No need to prepare anything.) If a musical is selected and you wish to audition for it, prepare a short song to sing (a capella)!
Enter the Fifteenth Annual One-Act New Play Competition!
Interested in writing a one-act play? (Win a $100 prize for the best play!)
Write a short (no more than 20 minutes in length) one-act play on any subject.
Submission deadline: 5:00 p.m., Friday, January 18, 2013
Hand scripts in at Todd Union, Room 107. All submissions must be accompanied by a
Interested in directing a One-Act? (Win a $100 prize for the best production!)