Future Faculty Initiative
The overall goal of this UR Future Faculty Initiative is to provide doctoral students and post-docs interested in a faculty career with valuable information and insights about aspects of a faculty role that are not part of the traditional curriculum, including such issues as teaching, mentoring students, diversity, etc. In addition, we seek to provide doctoral students and post-docs from different parts of the University with an opportunity to interact on issues of common interest and get to know each other. Through the Initiative, we hope to better prepare the next generation of faculty and to give University of Rochester students and graduates a competitive edge when they apply for faculty jobs.
- The Faculty Role / Alumni Perspectives
October 6, 2016, 12:30-4:30 pm
- Learner-Centered Teaching: Innovative Approaches that Engage Learners
October 26, 2016, 11:30 am - 1:50 pm
- Teaching Fundamentals: Tools to Demystify Course Planning and Assessment
November, 16, 2016, 11:30 am - 2 pm
- When Students Are Struggling, Troubled, or Troubling: Sources of Insight and Assistance
February 2, 2017, 11:30 am - 2 pm
- Teaching with Technology
March 9, 2017, 11:30-2 pm
- Tapping Diversity to Enrich Learning
March 23, 2017, 11:30 am - 2 pm.