Skip to main content

EPA Internships in Europe

Application Instructions

*If sending by Express Mail or Federal Express, do not include the P.O. Box in the address.

View information on how to apply for your passport and/or visa

Notice: The British government now requires all students who undertake internships in the U.K. to obtain a visa. Information about how to obtain this visa will be provided after you have been admitted to the program. For initial information, click here.

Application Deadlines

Applications for fall semester must be in by April 1, for the spring semester by October 1, for summer programs by March 1.

Please note: Semester students going to Belgium who are age 21 and over must obtain an FBI background check, which can take 8 weeks or more.

Click here and here for information on getting your Belgian visa. While we always try to place late applicants, it is a good idea to apply earlier if you plan a placement in the most competitive spots, such as the House of Commons.

Applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis. Early applications are encouraged.

Applying to the Internships in Europe Program

  1. First complete a University of Rochester Education Abroad application. Please note that although the Rochester Education Abroad application is due October 15, completed spring applications for the Internships in Europe program are due October 1.
  2. Select the term and program you would like to apply for.
  3. Create a profile in the EPA Internships in Europe online system. The first step in the EPA application process is to create an online profile using the EPA online application system.
  4. A resume and cover letter are needed for the Internships in Europe application. Please plan ahead so that you can meet with an advisor in the Gwen M. Greene Career and Internship Center is possible. Upcoming resume and cover letter writing workshops can be found at:

Important note regarding student visas:

If you are applying to our semester programs in England, Scotland, Brussels or Madrid, you WILL need to apply for a student visa (U.S. citizens and some non-US citizens).  Find out NOW what the requirements are, as the application process can be long and very detailed. International students studying in the UK will need to provide a letter from the Admissions Office that verifies that their English was tested to enter college and that they have been studying courses taught in English.