About Music and Sound
Welcome to the Music and Sound Initiative—an exciting new collaboration between the University’s College of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering and the Eastman School of Music.
Music, science, and engineering play pivotal roles in the University of Rochester and in the broader Rochester community. The Music and Sound Initiative serves as a focal point for enhancing and expanding research programs that span these disciplines. It welcomes new participants and encourages students who wish to engage in interdisciplinary study in these or related disciplines to contact us.
- Engineering and Music: A Powerful Duet for Art and Science
- Scientific Study of Musical Expression Funded by Provost's Interdisciplinary Grant
- 'Perfect Pitch' in Humans Far More Prevalent than Expected
- Music File Compressed 1,000 Times Smaller than MP3
- When the Paths of Music, Art, and Science Converge into Sound