Materials Science Graduate Program
Questions about applying to the Materials Science graduate program should be addressed to Gina Eagan by phone at (585) 275-1626 or via email to: email@example.com.
A complete graduate application includes the following materials:
- Online Application
- Personal Satement
- Transcripts of college and university grades. Unofficial documents are accepted when applying to the program. Official transcripts are required during the admission process.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically. Instructions are provided when completing the application.
- GRE scores (University code 2928 and Department code 1403)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers. TOEFL minimum score is 600 for paper based test, IBT is 95 (University code 7267, department code 69). IELTS minimum band score of 7.0.
All materials must be uploaded to the online application database.
The online application deadline for Fall 2015 admission is January 1, 2015. All materials must be received by February 1, 2015 to be considered for Fall 2015 admission.
Policy: The University of Rochester provides equal opportunity in admissions and student aid regardless of sex, age, race, color, creed, disability, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin. Further, the University complies with all applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Special Information for International Students
Any documents or letters submitted in support of your application should be in English or should be accompanied by an English translation. Please do not send secondary school records.
To obtain a visa for study in the United States, international students must present the Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or IAP-66) at a U.S. consulate or embassy and demonstrate full proof of ability to pay all tuition and living expenses for the first year of study. Note: University fellowships may not cover all of these expenses; students will ordinarily need some additional funds. The International Student Office will issue the I-20 or IAP-66 after a student has been admitted, paid the required admission deposit, and demonstrated proof of his/her ability to pay all expenses for at least the first year of study.
- Address questions to:
- International Services Office
- University of Rochester
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org