Center for Student Conflict Management - Conduct
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
- Regularly collect and analyze student responses from the conduct survey and make suggestions for how reported problem areas may be improved on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate pre-hearing meetings for various cases.
- Meet with students regarding minor policy violations.
- Serve as a resource to students with general questions or concerns about the disciplinary process.
Trainings, Programs, and Presentations
- Assist with various trainings related to student conduct.
- Create, facilitate, and evaluate seminars related to conduct and conflict.
- Report directly to the Assistant Director and serve as a member of the Office of the Dean of Students staff.
- Check for incomplete responses of conduct cases and follow up with students.
- Complete disciplinary checks as needed for various campus offices.
- Assist in the management of Dean’s Fees and student billing.
- Other duties of special interest to the graduate assistant or as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director.
Committee Work and Meetings
- Attend weekly CSCM staff meetings.
- Attend weekly individual meetings with the Assistant Director.
- Attend monthly Office of the Dean of Students meetings.
10-12 hours per week including some evening and weekend events. Term of position is August 1, 2016 – June 1, 2017, with possible reappointment. The CSCM can be flexible with start and end dates if necessary.
- Must be a full-time, matriculated graduate student in a Master’s or Doctoral program at the University of Rochester.
- Interest in student conduct issues preferred, but not required.
- Experience in dispute resolution (mediation and/or restorative circles) preferred, but not required.
- Interest in a two-year appointment preferred, but not required.