Graduate Assistant for Off Campus Housing Program
The primary charge of the Off Campus Living Program Graduate Assistant is to support the work of The Off Campus Living Program, as well as serve as a representative of the University. The Graduate Assistant will be involved in communicating and working directly with area landlords, City of Rochester residents and the University community. This includes working closely with the Coordinator of Off Campus Programs and Administrative Operations to develop new programming, services and communication efforts. This position is ideal for a creative individual who works well independently and has strong customer service and communication skills.
The Off Campus Living Program provides assistance, education, and support to students who are looking for housing or residing off campus. We assist all members of the University of Rochester community - graduate and undergraduate students in all Colleges at the University, faculty, staff and visitors. This office helps students negotiate the search and lease process, provides advice about off campus housing options, maintains a housing search site and assists with any off campus issues that may arise.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Work with The Coordinator of Off Campus Programs and Administrative Operations to plan and implement new programs and initiatives.
- Work with the Coordinator of Off Campus Programs and Administrative Operations to develop office literature and promotional items.
- Produce and distribute UR Off Campus News, the off campus housing newsletter.
- Explore and develop opportunities to utilize social media to engage students living off campus and UR neighbors.
- Assist with website updates.
- Serve as a resource for Neighborhood Ambassador programs.
- Assist with workshops and neighborhood bus tours.
- Assist with Commuter Meet-n-Greet.
- Provide assistance with Off Campus Housing Fair.
- Assist with planning events for commuters and off campus students.
Brainstorm opportunities to connect with off campus students, UR neighbors, area business owners, landlords, and law enforcement and execute ideas.
- Review and approve property listings on the Off Campus Connection website.
- Pull, review, organize and map address data of students living off campus.
- Develop strategies to communicate with students to promote off campus living initiatives.
- Attend weekly meetings with The Coordinator of Off Campus Programs and Administrative Operations.
- Attend monthly Neighborhood Ambassador staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
10-15 hours per week. Position can begin as early June 1st and runs for 12 months with possibility for reappointment.
Minimum requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Must be a full-time, matriculated graduate student in a Master’s or Doctoral program at the University of Rochester.
- Public speaking skills, strong interpersonal communication, strong customer service, organization, and event planning skills preferred.
- Familiarity with City of Rochester neighborhoods and surrounding areas preferred, but not required.
Compensation: $12.00 per hour