RCCL - Community Service
This graduate assistantship is offered through the Rochester Center for Community Leadership (RCCL), which is part of the office of the Dean of Students in the College. The mission of the RCCL is to educate students to become engaged citizens and leaders capable of effecting positive social change in their communities. The Graduate Assistant will report to the Assistant Director for Community Service, and will be a vital member of the RCCL team, and of the entire office of the Dean of Students.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Program Advisement, Development, and Management
- Support the Assistant Director in
the overall management, facilitation and assessment of community
service programs, in particular:
- Coordinate UReading, an educational outreach initiative with RCSD School #29.
- Assist with the administration of other service programs as needed, including facilitating transportation and communication with participating students.
- Participate in and attend on- and off-campus events to serve as on-site event manager, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Student Organization Advising
- Meet with students from the following organizations, whose missions focus on community service: UR Habitat, UR Rotaract, Tiernan Project, Refugee Student Alliance, Circle K.
- Assist with advisement of group members and the implementation of policies and regulations.
- Advise executive board officers as it relates to leadership development, training, budget management, and programming.
- Familiarize and advise student leaders with best practices, policies, and procedures related to event planning, resource management, and risk management and reduction.
- Meet weekly with the Assistant Director
- Attend monthly staff meetings of the Office of the Dean of Students
- Attend meetings as needed in the absence of or in place of the Assistant Director
- Assist in the creation of Annual Report for RCCL
- Other duties of special interest to the graduate assistant or as assigned by the Assistant Director
- Serve on committees for RCCL and ODOS as assigned
- 15-20 hours per week, including some evening and weekend events.
- Must be a full-time, matriculated graduate student at the University of Rochester. Strong interest and background in community service preferred.
- The Graduate Assistant will be compensated at an hourly rate of $12.00