Graduate Assistant for Graduate and Family Housing
The Office for Residential Life and Housing Services, sponsors a Graduate Assistantship with a focus in event planning, issues and overall needs throughout Whipple Park, University Park and Goler House.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate programming across all three housing areas
- Create and monitor a programming database
- Update and maintain electronic communication efforts in housing (facebook, list serves, blogs)
- Develop, implement and run monthly new tenant responsibility classes
- Intervene and mediate low level policy issues with tenants(smoking, noise,etc...)
- Promote, coordinate and help to reinforce through inspection the Extended Family policy.
- Follow up on reports about health and safety inspections
- Create and formalize Grad area newsletters and programming calendar
- Coordinate and promote Whipple Park Community Garden project
- Collaborate with Micro farm organizers to promote cooperation
- Participate in weekly supervisory meetings and periodic departmental meetings.
- In coordination with GCA's and AC, plan and carry out large scale summer programs (Olympics, etc...)
- Other administrative tasks
The Graduate Assistant will report to the Area Coordinator for Graduate and Family Housing.
20 hours per week including some evening and weekend events. Position starts on June 1, 2014 and runs for 12 months with possibility for reappointment.
Must be a full-time, matriculated graduate student at the University of Rochester. Strong interest and background in Residential Life and/or community event planning.
An unfurnished two-bedroom garden apartment, including all utilities. In addition a $4000 stipend.