International Cultural Center - Graduate Assistant
The Intercultural Center (ICC) is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant position. The Graduate Assistant will be an integral part of the operations of the ICC and work closely with the Director to accomplish the goals of the center. This position is ideal for someone with a passion for diversity and inter-cultural relations who was involved in campus life during undergrad study.
A graduate student at the University of Rochester, preferably a student enrolled in a Higher Education or Counseling program. Must be available to work over summer to plan and coordinate start of year programs.
Minimum requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Broad knowledge of University of Rochester, specifically student services and programs
- Strong student organization, campus programming or event planning, and leadership experience preferred.
- Public speaking skills, strong interpersonal communication, strong customer service, organization, and event planning skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently strongly desired.
- Outstanding computer skills, such as website development and maintenance skills preferred.
- Work with Director of the Intercultural Center to plan, implement and evaluate new initiatives
- Assist with establishing and maintaining a physical and virtual resource center
- Develop presentations and training programs suited for different student organizations
- Liaise with various student groups to encourage collaborations and utilize ICC as a resource
- Coordinate the updates for the CDR and ICC websites
- Manages the ICC display board – Intercultural Happenings
- Assist with administration of the Communal Principles Project (CPP) and the CPP grants
- Explore and develop opportunities for the ICC to collaborate with other departments across campus
- Other duties as assigned.
10-15 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends. Term of position is 10 months to a year, with possible reappointment. Candidate will ideally begin in August.
$12 per hour