Rochester Center for Community Leadership - Graduate Assistant
The Rochester Center for Community Leadership (RCCL) sponsors a Graduate Assistantship with a focus on student leadership development.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Development of Leadership initiatives and programs
- Compass to Personal Success – Oversee the administrative processes of the program
- Advisor to the Student Leadership Advisory Board
- Assist with the development and implementation of Slingshot to Success Program
- Assist with the development and administration of the Rising Leaders Program
- Responsibility for the planning of the Student Life Awards
- Administer and participate in continuous development of new and existing leadership initiatives, programs, events, and activities as needed.
- Build collaborative partnerships within RCCL and other College Departments.
- Other administrative tasks including but not limited to maintaining the leadership library and the leadership pages on the RCCL website.
- Willingness to present, facilitate and attend certain leadership programs.
- Weekly supervisory meetings and periodic departmental meetings.
The Graduate Assistant will report to the Associate Director for Leadership Programs.
Twenty hours per week including some evening and weekend events. Term of position is 12 months, beginning 6/1 with possible reappointment. Start date may be flexible depending on the needs of the department and the Graduate Assistant.
Must be a full-time, matriculated graduate student at the University of Rochester. Strong leadership experience, in addition to strong organizational, creative, communication and facilitation skills. An understanding of leadership practices and theory helpful.
A furnished two-bedroom apartment, including all utilities. In addition a $4000 stipend.