Graduate Assistantships in Residential Life and Office of the Dean of Students
Thanks for your interest in graduate assistantship opportunities in student life at the University of Rochester. This website contains links to the position descriptions for all of the positions we anticipate being available for the 2016-2017 academic year. At the bottom of the page, there is a link to the common application for all positions and a separate link for the online recommendation form. Applications will begin to be accepted on January 20th. Application deadline for first consideration is February 26th. Application review will begin on February 29th. This is the recommended date for online recommendation forms to be submitted. Applicants who are offered interviews (on-campus or Skype/phone) will be notified by March 7th. All interviews will be conducted on March 16th, 17th, 18th, and 28th. Successful candidates will be notified of position offers by April 4th. Acceptances will be due by April 15th (the universal graduate acceptance date). Please direct any questions or inquires to GradAssistantSelection@UR.rochester.edu.
Updated April 2016: Several positions still remain available for the 2016-17 academic year. If you are interested in one of these positions, please complete the application that is linked below.
Available Positions for 2016-17
- Office of the Dean of Students - Student Organization Development
- Residential Life - Graduate House Advisor
Positions with No Anticipated Vacancies for 2016-17
- Center for Student Conflict Management - CARE
- Center for Student Conflict Management - Conduct
- Eastman School of Music - Student Life
- Fraternity and Sorority Affairs - Expectations for Excellence
- Parent and Family Relations - Graduate Assistant
- Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center - Graduate Assistant
- Residential Life - Graduate and Family Housing
- Residential Life - Graduate Head Resident
- Residential Life - Leadership Assistant
- Residential Life - Off Campus Housing Program
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership - Involvement Graduate Assistant
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership - Community Service
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership - Fellowships Graduate Assistant
- UHS Health Promotion Office - Graduate Assistant
- Wilson Commons Student Activities - Graduate Assistant
- Wilson Commons Student Activities - Spirit Coordinator
If you are an international student and have questions about work eligibility, please contact the International Services Office.