Graduate Assistantships in Residential Life and Office of the Dean of Students
Thanks for your interest in graduate assistantship opportunities in student life at the University of Rochester. This website contains links to the position descriptions for all of the positions we anticipate being available for the 2017-2018 academic year. At the bottom of the page, there is a link to the common application for all positions and a separate link for the online recommendation form. Applications will begin to be accepted on January 20th. Application deadline for first consideration is February 24th. Application review will begin on February 28th. This is the recommended date for online recommendation forms to be submitted. Applicants who are offered interviews (on-campus or Skype/phone) will be notified by March 8th. All interviews will be conducted on March 16th, 17th, 20th, and 23rd. Successful candidates will be notified of position offers by April 3th. Acceptances will be due by April 15th (the universal graduate acceptance date). Please direct any questions or inquires to GradAssistantSelection@UR.
As of September, all graduate assistantships for 2016-17 have been filled.
Available Positions for 2017-18
- Center for Student Conflict Management - CARE
- Office of the Dean of Students - Student Organization Development
Positions with No Anticipated Vacancies for 2017-18
- Center for Student Conflict Management - Conduct
- Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center- Communal Principles Graduate Student
- Residential Life - Graduate and Family Housing
- Residential Life - Leadership Assistant
- Residential Life - Off Campus Housing Program
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership - Involvement Graduate Assistant
- Wilson Commons Student Activities - Spirit Coordinator
If you are an international student and have questions about work eligibility, please contact the International Services Office.