Hive Game Room
The Hive, located on the first floor of Wilson Commons, is your place to come and relax, watch some television, play a game of Billiards or grab something to eat with the addition of Blimpies! The Hive is also home to Roller Coaster Tycoon Pinball, a classic arcade cabinet that contains over 50 of the greatest old school games, and foosball! If you're not up for an arcade gaming experience, you can pass the time by playing our Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii or any one of our many board games, by doing nothing more than leaving your U of R ID at the desk. The next time you're in Wilson Commons make sure to stop by and check us out! Be sure to like our Wilson Common Student Activities Facebook Page so that you can be up-to-date on our regular events and promotions.
New to the Hive: One of two Kwikboost Charging Stations
Need to charge your phone but forgot your charger? Head over to the Hive and plug your phone into one of the eight chargers. The charging station can charge all iPhones, Androids and older phone models.
Pick up your Hive Card Today!
Only $5 for the Year gets you:
- $4 Billiards (regularly $5)
- $1.00 off all Tournament Entry Fees
- Buy 9 Slush Puppies, Get 10th FREE
- Free Popcorn
- Other Special Perks and Discounts
Hive Trivia: Every Thursday at 9pm; starting September 19 through November 14
Renting the Hive
Want to rent out the Hive?
To reserve the Hive click on link to fill out a form through Campus Club Connection (link Coming Soon).
Please read the following Hive Game Room Policy before you progress with the reservation process.
The Hive Game Room may be reserved at by choosing one of the options:
- Option 1: Reserve the Hive for event. Hive/Blimpie's/Billiards stay open to the public. Unlimited use of video/board games (based on availability). Not outside food (food only through Dining Services). No control of the television. No charge.
- Option 2: Reserve the Hive for event. Hive/Blimpie's stay open to the public. Full use of billiards and free popcorn is provided. Outside food must be be approved upon approval of reservation. Unlimited use of video/board games (based on availability). Use of television included. $15.00 an hour.
- Option 3: Reserve the Hive for event. Hive/Blimpie's stays open to the public. Unlimited use of video/board games (based on availability). Free popcorn is provided. Use of television included. Full use of billiards. 2 large cheese pizzas are provided. Reservation of a minimum of 2 hrs is required. $25.00 an hour.
- Option 4: Reserve the Hive for private event. Blimpie's closed. Unlimited use of all services including video/board games, arcade games, and billiards. Free popcorn provided. Food available through Dining Services or an approved caterer. Use of television included. A Hive worker is provided to assist with your event. Reservation must be made 3 weeks before the date of the event. Reservation of a minimum of 2 hrs is required. $30.00 an hour.
The Hive Game Room is open Sunday, Monday, Friday, and Saturday from 11am-midnight. The Hive Game Room is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 11am-11pm. You may reserve the Hive Game Room during any of these times. If your event goes past the regular open hours the following rates will apply:
- $10/hr when the Hive is closed but Wilson Commons is open
- $20/hr for student groups when Wilson Commons is closed
- $30/hr for departments when Wilson Commons is closed
In addition to popcorn, slushies, and soft pretzels and Blimpie's
subs that are available in the Hive you can partner with Dining Services to
cater your event. Please click the link below to see the Simple Takeaways
Caterning Menu with easy and quick food options:
Organizations and departments are not allowed to move the furniture. The extent of the set up needs will determine the costs (if applicable).
No Show and Cancellation Fees:
In the event of a cancellation or a no show, the student organization or department will be charged for the reservation in full if not confirmed with the Wilson Commons Services Coordinator. Cancellation must be done within a 24 hour period during regular business hours which are 9am-5pm Monday through Friday. For a Saturday or Sunday cancellation, please contact the Wilson Commons Services Coordinator no later than noon on Friday.
Once the student organization or department has been confirmed they are responsible for arriving before the designated start time of the reservation to set-up their event. The Hive Game Room staff will be expecting their arrival. If Dining Services has been requested to cater the event, the food will also arrive at the Hive Game Room.
The student organization or department is responsible for clean up of food, garbage, and the removal of any decorations (including tape; only Scotch tape can be used to hand up decorations).
If there is any damage to the space, furniture, or excessive cleaning required after the event, the student organization or department will be charged.
Contact Michael Dedes, Wilson Commons Services Coordinator, at email@example.com