• Foster an environment that is supportive and respectful of all University employees.
• Connect Latino staff and faculty across the entire University.
• Support Latino employees and their associates to respond to - and resolve - issues that prevent the full use of their capabilities and/or detract from the quality of their work lives.
• Increase the visibility of Latino staff and faculty within the University community.
• Provide an environment that is conducive to the recruitment, retention and career advancement of Latino employees.
• Serve as role models to the University of Rochester community and the Greater Rochester area.
• Support the diversity mission of the University through innovative relationships with multi-cultural organizations throughout our institution and the community.
• Encourage university officials and diversity focused committees to support Latino staff and faculty through diversity programming, events, recruitment and retention.
1. Network and collaborate with local Latino professional affinity groups.
2. Assist in bringing/creating university-wide Latino-focused events and speakers (i.e. meeting with key university groups such as College Diversity Roundtable and planning committee for Meliora Weekend).
3. Involve faculty in LPA via more specialized events (i.e. LPA poster session).
4. Have more media exposure in the university and Rochester communities (i.e. UR currents, La Voz, Conxion).
5. Increase membership and membership involvement (i.e. volunteers for committees, events, and meetings).
6. Continue producing quality programming for the University of Rochester community.