- Scholarship support was provided for musicians who aspire to be the musical leaders of the future.
- Gifts supported student travel for opportunities such as the National Trumpet Competition in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. At this competition, doctoral student Steve Felix won first place in the graduate student competition category.
- The dean was able to support performance experiences for innovative student ensembles, including [Switch~ Ensemble], a student-run group dedicated to the creation and performance of new works for chamber ensemble and electronics. Their performance at the DiMenna Center in New York City led to their appointment as the Ensemble-in-Residence for the 2016 VIPA Festival in Valencia, Spain.
- A lecture series by the Eastman Departmental Diversity Initiative welcomed distinguished participants including Kirk Lightsey, jazz pianist; Kelly Hall Tompkins, violinist; Aaron Dworkin, founder and director of Sphinx; Chris Lastovicka, composer; Stephen Pennington, Tufts University Department of Music; Zuhal Sultan, founder of the National Youth Orchestra of Iraq; and Elizabeth Margulis, music theorist.
- Travel was made possible for the Eastman Jazz Ensemble to perform two sold-out sets for “Jazz at Lincoln Center” in New York City.
Bullet points highlight impact made in 2015