FY09-FY13 IT Strategic Plan
|Strategic Plan Video|
Overall, the information technology environment at the University of Rochester has not kept pace with University stature, talent, and needs -- the focus of IT investment had been on foundational infrastructure. While necessary, this was not sufficient to support the University's exciting new trajectory. Significant opportunities existed to realize programmatic benefits from coordinated investments. Based on the strategic analysis conducted in 2007-08 as a University-wide collaborative effort, the following key initiatives were identified to better align information technology resources to support the University's overall strategic plan.
- Computational Center for Arts, Sciences and Engineering (what it today the Center for Integrated Research Computing) -- Develop a collaborative approach to support world-class computational research
- Web Environment Modernization -- Create and maintain a modern and secure web presence for the University's electronic image
- Administrative Systems Life Support -- Maintain required functionality in administrative systems
- Identity Management -- Associate roles and needs of individuals to assist in identifying, communicating with, and managing their relationships with the University
- Security and Compliance -- Initiate and maintain an institutional commitment to information technology security and compliance.
These initiatives support the following outcomes:
- Address major legacy structural issues that have resulted from extreme decentralization
- Align IT resources and effort to best support our overall University plan
- Increase University-wide results through a major shift toward greater collaboration in our approach to IT