The SecureMail encryption service is available to University faculty and staff within the Exchange 2003, Exchange 2010, and Zimbra environments. It is required for use when sending legally restricted information to cloud email services (including URgmail and Office 365) and non-University of Rochester email addresses.
- SecureMail is an email protection service developed by Voltage Security, Inc. It provides email encryption that can be used by University faculty and staff when sending legally restricted information.
- SecureMail has been installed and is managed by University IT.
- SecureMail support for University users is through the University IT Help Desk.
- Windows Outlook users can take advantage of the Voltage Outlook Plug-in for a one-click “SendSecure” feature.
- Users not using Windows and/or Outlook can invoke Voltage easily by adding “!secure” to the email subject line.
- The same “!secure” can be used when sending from a University email account through webmail or a mobile device.
- Recipients of SecureMail read and reply to secured email using the Voltage Zero Download Messenger.
- There is a one-time registration for SecureMail for each email address sending or receiving mail through the service. Users are prompted to register automatically.