Mobile Computing Device Security Standards - Android Devices
Click here to see a video of how to set up Screen Lock on an Android Device.
Setting up Screen Lock on an Android Device
There are multiple versions of Android O/S phones available and each is configured differently but you can still use the directions below as a guide to walk you through setting up screen locks.
(Droid HTC Incredible 2 used for instructions)
- Go to All Apps
- Choose the settings option
- Choose the security option
- Choose "Set up Screen Lock" - You will be given 4 options.
- None - Used to disable/reset screen lock
- Pattern - Follow directions on how to set up your pattern. Connect at least 4 dots.
- PIN - (numeric) Must be at least 4 characters
- Password - (alpha/Numeric) Must be at least 4 characters
- Go back to Security Option
- Choose lock phone after option
- Choose immediately option
You are all set.