University VPN, Remote Access
NEW: Windows 7 and Windows Vista errors
University IT engineers have identified an issue related to running the Windows native VPN client on Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) machines with Service Pack 1 installed. Read more...
What is Virtual Private Network (VPN)?
VPN is used to access University restricted resources from off campus using a secured connection over the Internet.
Installing and Using VPN
- Instructions for the University VPN (All University members; NetID authentication required)
- Instructions for the URMC VPN (Medical Center faculty, staff and students)
Who Has Access to VPN?
VPN use is restricted to users with a current, active relationship with the University. Read More
What Access Does Not Require VPN?
- Outlook Web Access (webmail.ur.rochester.edu)
- Zimbra Web Access (z.rochester.edu)
- SharePoint Portal (uofr.rochester.edu)
- Most Library Resources
Contact University IT at UnivITHelp@rochester.edu or (585) 275-2000.