Message from the Parent Council Chairs
Welcome to the University of Rochester Parents Council web page! We extend a warm invitation for you to join us and other University of Rochester parents who share our vision for a Rochester education. Parents play a vital role in the life of the University, and your involvement through the Parent Council can help to improve the quality of education and enhance the collegiate experience for your child.
The Parents Council is a group of leadership donor families who volunteer their time for admissions programs, career guidance, and attend and host events.
We believe in the Rochester motto “Meliora,” which means always better. Through your involvement, you, too, can be a part of making Rochester even greater.
Meliora, Edmond and Debra Boullianne, P'13, P'17, Parents Council Co-chairs
Join the Parents Council online: Complete the online Council Membership Form
What are Parents Council members asked to do?
- Serve a one year renewable term and attend two Parents Council meetings a year.
- Make a leadership Annual Fund gift of $1,500 or more which qualifies you for membership in the George Eastman Circle, a group of leadership donors who attend special University of Rochester events and receive publications.
- Become actively involved in the life of the College and serve as ambassadors for the University by fostering relationships with other current and prospective Rochester parents.
- Help the University continue on its path of excellence, making an impact on future generations of Rochester students.
As a member you will:
- Be invited to University events on- and off-campus and around the country.
- Receive information referencing upcoming events, special notices about campus life, and news, including our monthly Parents Buzz e-newsletter.
- Have opportunities to host regional events for parents and summer sendoffs for freshmen and parents.
- Have a direct link to the Parents Program staff to answer questions and assist with your support of the University of Rochester.
The Parent Council administrators are:
Lis Bischoff-Ormsbee, Director, Parents and Family Giving
Kathryn Clyde, Assistant Director, Parents Program
Casey Nunemaker, Administrative Assistant, Parents Program
For more information on the Parent Programs, contact:
Phone: (585) 276-4075