Message from the Parent Council Chairs
As Parents Council members, we support programs that enhance the educational experience for our son, his classmates, and future generations of students.
We extend a warm invitation for you to join us and other University of Rochester parents who share our vision for a Rochester education. Parents play a vital role in the life of the University, and your involvement through the Parents Council can help to improve the quality of education and enhance the collegiate experience for your child.
We believe in the Rochester motto “Meliora,” which means always better. Through your involvement, you, too, can be a part of making Rochester even greater.
Meliora, Clifford Everett and Rita Adler Everett, P'19 and Parents Council Co-chairs
Join the Parents Council online: Complete the online Council Membership Form
What are Parents Council members asked to do?
- Serve a one year renewable term and attend two Parents Council meetings a year.
- Make a leadership Annual Fund gift of $1,500 or more--parents that pledge a gift of this size for five years or more are also recognized as being in the George Eastman Circle, a group of leadership donors who attend special University of Rochester events and receive publications.
- Become actively involved in the life of the College and serve as ambassadors for the University by fostering relationships with other current and prospective Rochester parents.
- Help the University continue on its path of excellence, making an impact on current and future generations of Rochester students.
Members of the Parents Council enjoy the following benefits:
- Be invited to University events on- and off-campus and around the country.
- Have a direct link to the Parents Program staff to answer questions and assist with your support of the University of Rochester.
- Have access to reserved parking and seating at commencement.
- Receive special privileges during Meliora Weekend (the University’s annual family and alumni celebration), including reserved parking, advance registration, and access to a hospitality suite.
- Receive information referencing upcoming events, special notices about campus life, and news, including our monthly Parents Buzz e-newsletter.
- Have opportunities to host regional events for parents and summer sendoffs for first-year students and parents.
The Parent Council administrators are:
Brittney Snyder, Director, Parents Program
Joseph Lynch, Assistant Director, Parents Program
For more information on the Parent Programs, contact:
Phone: (585) 276-4075