Welcome First Generation Students & Families!
A first generation college student (FGCS) is one whose parents did not receive a bachelor’s degree (4-year degree).
RSVP Here – First Generation Students & Families Luncheon
(by invitation only)
Encouraging quotes from anonymous students to their peers:
- “Don't let distractions get in the way of your success.”
- “It really is all worth it in the end.”
- “Know when you need help, where you need help, how you need help, and then actively seek it out.”
- “Don't be discouraged by students who come from different backgrounds.”
- “You were selected to attend this university because of what you could offer… you deserve this.”
- “You CAN do college work. You have what it takes and there is a whole group of people here to walk alongside you.”
- “Be yourself, do what you love NOT what you "should" do, and have FUN!”
- “Connect. Connect with peers, especially those who are older. Learn from their experiences and reach out to them for guidance.”