Rochester Parents FundMake a Gift
Message from Jeffrey Runner, Dean of the College
I believe that parents play a vital role in enriching academic and co-curricular life for our undergraduates, and that’s why as Dean of the College, I would like to personally invite you to participate in the Rochester Parents Fund. Through this unrestricted fund, you are able to support programs whose initiatives strengthen and deepen the student experience each year. Past Parents Fund gifts have helped support the Collegiate Readership Program, provided Internet access kiosks around campus, and supported travel to workshops and conferences.
We hope that you will answer the call in support of the Rochester Parents Fund when a student reaches out to you in the near future. There is no better way to demonstrate your enthusiasm for your child’s Rochester experience than giving to our programs.
By working together, we ensure that students enjoy a fulfilling learning experience that offers them every opportunity for success. Thank you for considering a gift to the University of Rochester. A gift to the college is a gift to inspire the mind of every student.
Jeffrey Runner, Dean of the College
About the Parents Fund
Your gift to the Parents Fund of the College will:
- Recruit and retain the best faculty – Faculty are an integral part of a student’s educational experience. The University of Rochester employs over 1,200 tenure-track faculty members whose encouragement and collaboration with students distinguishes us as a R1 university
- Fund special projects and initiatives – The Dean of the College uses the Parents Fund to support projects of utmost importance, including trips off campus, student activities/clubs, and the introduction of new and exciting courses.
- Update learning technology – In a rapidly transforming economy, technology is increasingly important for student learning and success. With over 15 computer labs on campus and more traditional classrooms transitioning to “smart” classrooms (with projectors, media equipment, computer ports, etc.), contributions from the Parents Fund help to continue the advancement of technology at the University of Rochester.
The Parents Fund continues to support a range of student initiatives including:
- Creating new opportunities to complete independent advanced research.
- Encouraging students to study abroad by providing grants to defray extra expenses.
- Providing academic support through the Center for Workshop Education.
- Helping students and alumni maximize the value of their degree through career mapping, internships, industry road trips and more through the Gwen M. Greene Career & Internship Center.
How do you make a gift to the Parents Fund of the College?
- By mail: Make check payable to the University of Rochester and in the memo section write “Parents Fund” Mail to: Parents Program, 300 East River Rd, PO Box 278706, Rochester, NY 14627
What size gifts are needed?
- Every gift, regardless of size, makes a difference ($25, $100, $500, $1000 every gift counts)
- Parents Council $1,500+
- George Eastman Circle Gift Recognition levels
- FOUNDERS $50,000+
- PATRONS $25,000–49,000
- BENEFACTORS $10,000–24,999
- FELLOWS $5,000–9,999
- MEMBERS $1,500–4,999
If you have any questions, please contact the Parents Program Office:
Phone: (585) 276-4075