Frequently Asked Questions
What are Automated Pay Stations (APS)?
Automated Pay Stations are the University of Rochester’s newest automated parking management system. Read more
My Parking Lot Is Full (Overflow Procedure)
Employees must park in their assigned lot from 6am to 5pm Monday through Friday. If the Medical Center lot to which you are
assigned is full, the overflow area for all Medical Center parking lots is as follows:
Close in Parking Lots (Lots 3, 6, 7, 8 (MRB), 9,12, 14 (CTSB), and 15 (HWH)
If these lots are full (upon confirmation by parking personnel) permit holders should park in the ramp garage.
- Remote Parking Lots (1, 2, A, 24 (Scottsville Road Lot)
If these lots are full, permit holders should park in Lot 1 Evening for overflow
For River Campus Lots, please stop by the information booth on Wilson Blvd and the attendant
will assist you with locating a parking spot.
- When Can I Use The Garage?
- The following are authorized situations for employees to park in the ramp garage. In all situations there must be a valid paid
MC parking Or Highland Hospital permit displayed on the vehicle.
- Vehicles with garage permits
- Vehicles with CBP permits (Community Based Physician)
- Vehicles with Trustee, Board or Red University Admin permits
- Vehicles that are on the Long Term, Short Term or 12 Hour Shift List and are authorized for the ramp garage on the enforcement list
- Evening staff arriving after 2:15 p.m. may park on Levels 4, 5 and 6.
- After Hours permit holders between 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. weekdays and all day on weekends and University holidays
- On call/overtime during off-peak hours (5:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. the next day)
- If unable to move vehicle to the assigned lot before 8:00 a.m. call to be placed on the enforcement list.
- Employees that are at the hospital or Medical Center as a patient or visitor:
- Must call the parking office to be placed on the enforcement list to avoid a ticket
- Required to pay visitor parking fees (take ticket on entry into garage)
- May purchase parking pass or validation stickers for these situations (cannot be used to park in garage if working)
- Cannot park in ramp garage to attend meetings or training sessions
- Must have a valid parking permit
- Employees with a valid parking permit and a business permit (up to 3 hours)
- Any employee on weekends and University holidays at no charge with a valid permit.
Registering My New Vehicle:
- You must have a valid parking permit. The registration for the new vehicle and evidence that the original permit has been removed are required to obtain a replacement permit.
If My Car Breaks Down:
- If your vehicle breaks down, it must be reported to Parking Services. The vehicle must be in a regular parking space or towed immediately. After hours call Security at x5-3333 or leave your car information, location, name and a phone number at which you can be reached on phone mail. Leaving a note on the vehicle is not sufficient. The inoperable vehicle must be removed from the University property within 24 hours.
- When there is more than a three-inch (3") accumulation of snow, vehicles in unplowed areas are expected to be moved to plowed areas where their permit is valid to help with snow removal and assure maximum space availability.
- The University does not issue handicap permits. They are issued by municipalities and state governments. Handicap permits must be accompanied by a valid University parking permit. For more details click here.
- There are specially designated motorcycle parking areas in parking lots. Motorcycles and other two-or-three-wheeled vehicles must be registered and a permit must be obtained to park on the premises.
Appealing A Citation:
- An appeal must be filed within 10 business days of the issuance of the ticket. Late appeals will not be considered unless extenuating circumstances are documented in the appeal. Written or verbal notification that an appeal has been denied will be sent from University Parking. Customers may appeal in person at the parking office or online.
- Fines may be paid at any University Parking Office with cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or by check made payable to the University of Rochester. Customers may also pay online.
- Please pick up a Blue Light phone or Call Security at 275.3333 or #413 from your cell phone.