President, University of Rochester
- A.B., UCLA (political science), 1971
- J.D., Harvard University, 1974
- Dean, Washington University School of Law (1999–2005)
- Dean (and Samuel M. Fegtly Professor of Law), University of Arizona College of Law (1995–1999)
- Professor, University of Michigan Law School (1987–1995)
- Professor, George Washington University Law School (1983–1986)
- Professor, Northeastern University Law School (1977–1983; named full professor in 1983)
Scholarship and Service
One of the nation's leading experts on securities law, Seligman is the coauthor, with the late Louis Loss and with Troy Paredes, of the 11-volume Securities Regulation, the leading treatise in the field, and author of The Transformation of Wall Street: A History of the Securities and Exchange Commission and Modern Corporate Finance.He is the author or coauthor of 20 books and over 40 articles on legal issues related to securities and corporations.
He also has served as reporter for the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws, Revision of Uniform Securities Act (1998–2002); as chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission Advisory Committee on Market Information (2000–01); and as a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Professional Ethics Executive Committee. He was a member of the board of the National Association of Securities Dealers (2004-07) and is currently a member of the board of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. He was a member of the board of directors of the Eastman Kodak Company (2009-13).