Middle States Accreditation
The University of Rochester is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States. Every ten years, the University’s accreditation is subject to review, to ensure compliance with standards of accreditation. This entails the preparation of a self-study report and a site visit by an evaluation team. Five years after each decennial review, the University is required to submit a periodic review report.
On November 20, 2014, the commission reaffirmed the University’s accreditation. The self-study report and other documents can be found at:
- The Meliora Imperative: A Self-Study
- MSCHE Action Reaffirming Accreditation
- University’s current Middle States Commission on Higher Education statement of accreditation status
- Middle States Commission reaccredits UniversityJanuary 9, 2015
- 2004 Middle States Self-Study Document
The next action related to the University’s accreditation will be a periodic review report in 2019.