Skip to main content

Office of the University Registrar

Grading Instructions

Where do I go to enter my grades online?

  • Click on UR ACCESS PLUS!, select Instructor ACCESS.
  • Enter your NetID and password.
  • Once you are logged in, click on the Instructor ACCESS tab at the top of the page.

Once I am in Instructor ACCESS, how do I enter my grades?

  • Click on “Grading" then select the correct semester from the drop down box.
  • Click on the title of the course that you want to grade.
  • Enter the grades in the “GRADE ENTRY” column, you can use the tab key to go easily to the next student.
  • If you enter an invalid grade, such as an A+, you will receive an error message such as “A+ is an invalid grade.”
  • After you have entered the grades, click on the button labeled: “Submit Grades”. At this point the grades will be sent to the student information system and further edit checks will be performed.
  • If any errors/warnings remain, you will be prompted to correct them. The specific error will be under the “MESSAGE” column next to the grade in question. You may make changes to grades to correct errors at this point, and then click on “Submit Grades” again.

What if a student’s name does not appear on my roster?

  • Click on the link “Grade student not on grade roster.” This link can be found at the bottom of the “Grade Roster” page, and on the “Grade Selection” page.

What if there is a student’s name on my roster who has never attended my course or who has stopped attending?

  • Submit a grade of “N” for this student. Select a reason for assigning the N grade and write an optional comment.

What do I do if I believe that a student’s writing was deficient in this course?

  • Click on the dash in the WD column.

What if I have questions regarding policies for grading?

  • Click on “POLICIES” in the left hand side panel inside Instructor ACCESS.

What if I have a student who has “Audited” my course, but I do not feel that they have participated to the extent that his or her record should reflect the audited course?

  • Submit an “N” grade for the student. Note: Audited courses do not appear on student transcripts. They appear on internal records only.

Do I have to enter grades for every student on the roster at one time?

  • No. However, blank spaces will return an error message reminding you that no grade has been entered.

What do I do when I am finished entering grades for this group of students and want to grade an additional group of students?

  • If you are finished grading this group of students, click on the link labeled: “Return to grade selection screen for this course.” This will take you back to the group(s) of students to grade. NOTE: Do NOT click the back button.
  • If there are no additional groups of students to grade, and you do not plan to make any changes before the end of the grading period, you need to “seal” the roster. To seal the roster, click on “Would you like to seal the grades for this course?” and then click on: “Enter grades for selected group or seal grades.” Notice that once you seal a roster, the status is reflected on the list of your courses in the column “Grades Due/Sealed”. NOTE: No changes can be made to the roster once it has been sealed!
  • If you left some grades blank, you will not be able to seal the roster. If you intended to leave some grades temporarily blank at this point, you may continue.
  • To return to the list of your courses, click on the link: “Return to my Courses.” From here you may select another course/section to grade.

What do I have to do if I have to change a student’s grade AFTER I have sealed the roster?

  • If it is prior to the first Monday following commencement, call x52440 or x55572 and your roster will be unsealed. If it is after that date you must submit the change in writing to Lattimore 127.