Students and Alumni may order up to 20 transcripts free of charge each academic year (9/1-8/31) by any of the following four options below. Production time for transcripts is 3 - 5 business days once the request is received.
Transcript requests in excess of 20 are $10 each. Checks should be made payable to the University of Rochester and mailed to the Registrar's Office.
Transcripts requested for PICK UP are available at the service counter, 312 Lattimore Hall daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Information you should know:
- Production time is 3 - 5 business days once the request is received.
- Transcripts are held for pick up for 30 days from the date requested.
- There is no cost for transcripts. (Transcripts in excess of 20 are $10 each payable to the University of Rochester.)
- Transcripts may be withheld pending resolution of outstanding obligations
to the University.
- You will be notified if we are unable to process your request.
- Beginning with the fall semester 1994, the cumulative grade point average
is based on all grades earned at the University, including those earned
during the freshman year. All courses and grades earned are printed on
the Official Transcript
- Students who entered the University between the fall of 1986 and the fall
of 1993 are covered by a special freshman transcript policy. Courses
successfully completed in the freshman year with corresponding credits
earned are shown without grades. The cumulative grade point average is
based only on grades earned after the freshman year. (Unofficial grade
reports from the freshman year will be sent to the student by special request.)
- More information:
- Apostille Requests
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grading schemes
- IES School of Record Transcript Requests
- Transcript key
How to Order Transcripts
- If you graduated in or after 1986, you can request a transcript online. Transcripts requested for pickup will be available in 312 Lattimore Hall, Monday through Friday 9AM - 5PM.
- To obtain a UID or PIN, call (585) 275-8131.
- By Mail:
- Print this form and mail it to the address below. If you are unable to print the form, mail the information required (listed below) with your signature.
- By Fax:
- Print this form and fax it to (585) 275-2190. If you are unable to print the form, fax the information required (listed below) with your signature.
- In Person:
- 312 Lattimore Hall
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 9AM - 5PM
Please provide the following information:
- Last name, first name and date of birth
- Daytime phone number and email address
- Name while attending
- Student ID or Social Security Number
- Degree program(s) and award date(s)
- Complete mailing address(es) for transcripts
- Pickup date (if applicable)
- Number of transcripts requested
- Mail to:
- Office of the University Registrar
127 Lattimore Hall
PO Box 270038
Rochester, NY 14627
If you have any questions, please call the transcript line at (585) 275-5131.