Through a partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse, students and alumni can order both electronic and hard copy transcripts. Electronic transcripts are securely delivered within one business day of completion of your order. Hard copy transcripts are sent within three-five business days after completion of your order.
- Students will need to provide either URID or Social Security number to validate their request.
- You can pay for your transcript order with any major credit or debit card. Your credit or debit card is not charged until University of Rochester sends your transcript(s). However, if you use a debit card, your bank may put a hold on your funds when we pre-authorize your payment. If you have questions on the pre-authorization, please contact your bank.
- Order updates will be sent to you via email and, if you choose, text messages. You can also track your transcript order online.
- Transcripts cannot be released if the student’s account shows any type of hold. If you request a transcript while there is a hold on your account, you will be notified of the hold.
- Students will have the opportunity to upload any necessary attachments to be included with their transcript order. Please note, due to the automated nature of the electronic transcript service, the registrar’s office will not be able to complete missing fields on attachments to be sent with e-transcripts. All fields must be complete prior to submission through the system.
Important end of term information: Prior to ordering your transcript, please inspect your record on Student Access to confirm all grades, degrees and honors have been posted. The Registrar’s Office will not process hard copy undergraduate transcripts requested to be mailed to home addresses until Wednesday, May 24th after the close of grading. Transcripts requested to be sent to third parties such as schools and employers will continue to be mailed within 3-5 business days throughout this time. Degrees and honors will be posted on official records for students in the Class of 2017 by Tuesday May 30th.
All transcript requests for the following schools can be processed through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- The School of Arts and Sciences
- The Hajim School of Engineering
- The Warner School of Education
- The Simon School of Business
- The School of Nursing
- The School of Medicine and Dentistry MS and PhD programs
The National Student Clearing House offers the following delivery options for transcripts.
- Electronic transcripts ($3.25 per destination address)
- Hard copy transcripts ($2.25 per destination address with up to 10 copies per destination address; example, 1 transcript or 10 transcripts to the same address within the same order would be a total of $2.25)
- FedEx options: United States ($17.25); Canada/Mexico ($32.25); all other international ($52.25)
If you experience issues with the NSC site above you can also go directly to the National Student Clearing House Website directly, hover over Order-Track-Verify, select Order or Track a Transcript, and locate the University of Rochester in the drop down menu to start your transcript order.
Eastman School of Music—Information on transcript requests for the Eastman School of Music can be found at the Eastman School of Music website.
Eastman Institute for Oral Health—Students and alumni of the Eastman Institute for Oral Health must contact the EIOH registrar, email@example.com for transcript requests.
School of Medicine MD program—Students and alumni of the School of Medicine MD program must contact the Medical School Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org for transcript requests.
If you have any questions about ordering transcripts, please call the University of Rochester Registrar's transcript line at (585) 275-5131.