About the Contract
This contract is a legally binding agreement for housing at the University of Rochester. Once it is submitted, you will be contractually obligated for University housing for the fall and spring semesters of the 2010–11 academic year subject to the conditions below.
By signing the Residential Life and Dining Services Application/Contract you agree that:
- On-Time Class of 2011 and 2012 Applications:
- Students submitting this application by the published upperclass application deadline are qualified for a regular or crowded space in University housing if adequate space is available.
- Late Class of 2011 and 2012 Applications:
- If space remains after all on-time applicants have been offered assignments, late applicants will be offered assignments based on the order in which their applications are received. You are not required to accept an assignment offered in this way. However, once you accept, you become contractually obligated for University housing for the fall and spring semesters of the 2010–11 academic year subject to the conditions below.
- Class of 2013 Room Drawing Preference Materials:
- All Class of 2013 sophomores are entitled and obligated to live in University housing for the fall and spring semesters of the 2010–11 academic year subject to the conditions below. Students who submit on-time room drawing preference materials will be allowed to participate in the annual room drawing process. Students desiring to live at home with family must petition for release from this requirement prior to submitting a housing application.
- Late or Missing Class of 2013 Room Drawing Preference Materials:
- Class of 2013 sophomores who submit late room drawing preference materials or do not submit any materials will be automatically assigned housing following the annual room drawing process in remaining available or crowded space. Charges for 2010–11 will be posted to the student term bill. Students with Bursar holds will be assigned available housing after all other sophomores have been assigned.
- New Freshman (Class of 2014) Applications:
- Qualified new freshmen and transfer students are entitled to and obligated for University housing for the fall and spring semesters of the 2010–11 and 2011–12 academic years subject to the conditions below and are bound by the 2011–12 Residential Life and Dining Services Application-Contract. Submitting this application after the New Student Priority Deadline may result in delayed assignment, lower preferences, and/or assignments to crowded housing. Students desiring to live at home with family must petition for release from this requirement prior to submitting a housing application. The decision whether to grant a release is at the University’s discretion and shall be final.
You also agree that:
- No assignment will be made unless you have paid your enrollment deposit (new students) or have been cleared by the Bursar’s Office (continuing students).
- You are applying for an assignment within the residence halls system and not for any specific space. Assignments will be made according to the procedures established by the Director of Residential Life.
- If you arrive at school late or leave early, or are required to leave for disciplinary reasons, the full-year contract is still binding on you, except as explicitly otherwise provided in this document.
- By signing and submitting this application you accept responsibility to pay all resultant charges for residential life services, even if you do not make use of some or all of the services noted.
The University agrees faithfully to provide those services unless events beyond its control prevent its doing so.