- Withdrawal from the University
- If you voluntarily withdraw from the University or go on inactive status, you will be liable for payment up to the date of formal contract termination (approval of contract release; completed room check-out; and surrender of University ID card to the Customer Service Center). Charges will be prorated from the beginning of the contract period to the date of formal contract termination. If you return to active status at any time during the term of the contract, this contract is automatically reinstated.
- Students Continuing at the University
- Once this contract is binding, as noted above, you will not be released from this contract for the contract period so long as you are a continuing student at the University, except if:
- the residence halls system is oversubscribed and Residential Life has authorized your release from this contract to reduce oversubscription;
- you are married during the contract period and are living with your spouse;
- you have medical reasons for release, and the University Health Service has recommended release to the Director of Residential Life and Housing Services;
- you are participating in a Study Abroad Program or internship program, or are approved for inactive or “in absentia” status by the appropriate Dean’s Office;
- you have met your residency requirement (freshman and sophomore years) and provide an eligible substitute student who agrees to and officially (at the Residential Life Office) assumes your contractual obligation. Each substitute is subject to acceptance by the Director of Residential Life and Housing Services or his or her designee. Any student who has already applied for housing or is under contract for University or fraternity quad housing cannot be an approved substitute. The replacement student is placed on the assignment schedule according to his or her assignment status and is not guaranteed your specific room.
Application for contract release must be made in writing to the Director of Residential Life and be accompanied by appropriate documentation for the requested release.