About the Rooms
Every room on River Campus has a wired high-speed computer connection (ResNet), per student, to the University’s systems and the Internet. We are expanding our wireless capabilities each year. In addition, each room has a cable outlet providing 55–60 channels of local, national, and educational television, with additional subscription services available through Time Warner Cable.
There are laundry facilities in each hall to keep things presentable. Speaking of clean, you’re responsible for cleaning your own room. The housekeeping staff cleans the bathrooms and public areas of housing facilities.
Please read “Some Important Rules” and the contract in advance to make sure you know what you are allowed to bring. Below you'll find a list of items provided for you along with a list of items you should bring with you.
Student Dorm Rooms
Beds in double and triple rooms are bunkable and loftable in a variety of configurations to customize your living area.
The following items are provided for every room:
- a bed with mattress
- Students must use the University-provided mattress. If there is a medical condition that requires a special mattress, University Health Services will need to review the request and if recommended, the student will need to provide proof that the mattress meets the University fire protection standards.
- desk and chair
- closet space
- a shared wastebasket
- window coverings
- Because personal study lamps do indeed reflect individual needs, and it has proven to be very difficult to provide and maintain this type of lighting, you should bring (or better, buy after you’ve seen your room) a study lamp.
- Please note: New York State fire codes prohibit any type of “upward facing” bowl lamps—halogen or incandescent—in student housing.
You will need to bring the following items with you:
- sheets (extra-long twin size, 36" x 80")
- towels and other toiletries
- study lamp (Please note, New York State fire codes prohibit any type of “upward facing” bowl lamps— halogen or incandescent—in student housing
- Each student room is allowed to have one compact refrigerator no greater than 4.9 cubic feet. Each room/apartment is permitted to have one microwave that is no greater than 1.0 cubic feet. Students who are interested in renting micro-fridges for the academic year should call (607) 431-9525 or go to the website www.refrigeratorleasing.com for a mail order form.
- Anything else you want to make your room seem more like home
- Please read “Some Important Rules” to make sure you know what you are allowed to bring and what is not allowed under new New York State fire codes. Fire Safety Checklist (PDF)