Office for Residential Life
& Housing Services

Incoming Freshmen

Special Needs

For students who may need housing accommodation due to a disability, a request for such accommodation with supporting documentation should be submitted to the University Health Service no later than June 3. Our housing assignment process occurs in June, and we will need their recommendation in order to consider and assign a student to a special accommodation.

Once assignments are made and mailed to students, it is very difficult for us to undo a housing assignment and find another accommodation since, typically, all spaces have been assigned. Late submissions may result in our not being able to provide this accommodation initially, and a student would then need to wait until a vacancy occurs in an appropriate space. Please indicate on your housing contract that you are seeking a special accommodation.

When you return as a sophomore, you will be able to select your room and roommate as part of the room drawing process.