Semester Break Housing
Residence Halls close for the break at 9am on 12/23/12.
All residents moving out of the residence halls (and not returning for the spring semester) must be checked out by this time.
- The following residence halls remain open during the December/January break:
- Susan B. Anthony Residence Halls – Gannett, Gates, Morgan, Hollister wings
- Southside – deKiewiet, Valentine, Maisonettes
- Riverview Apartments
If you are a resident living in one of the above mentioned residence halls and you’d like to stay – contact your Area Office to learn how to sign up for break stays. There is no fee for staying during the break.
If you are a resident of any other residence hall and need or want to remain on campus during the break, you may stay on campus if you do the following:
- Find a friend who lives in one of the above mentioned residence halls and get permission to stay in their room over the break.
- Once that friend says it is ok (and if there is a roommate it needs to be ok with that person, too) – you need to borrow the resident’s keys for the break period. Residential Life will NOT be providing room keys loaners, so be sure you get the key from your friend.
- Your friend needs to contact his/her Area Office to learn how to permit you to stay in their room for the break, confirming the dates you will be in that room. Break stay ID access can be granted to the specific building, only. If you stay during the break, please be aware that you will not be allowed into your regular room during this time. You will need to pack bedding, clothes, and other personal needs for the period of time you’re staying in someone else’s room.
- There is no fee for staying during the break.
The residence halls reopen for students with approved room changes on Saturday, January 12 at 9am. Hours on Saturday are 9am – 5pm. New students (freshmen and transfer) and students returning from study abroad or inactive status may check-in on Sunday, January 13 starting at 12 noon (12 noon – 8pm).
Special note to freshman: You do not need to pack up your room during the break unless you’re moving out! The room is yours until the end of your housing contract in May!