Office for Residential Life
& Housing Services

Upperclass Housing


The contract is a legally binding agreement for housing at the University of Rochester. Once it is submitted, you will be contractually obligated for University housing for the Fall and Spring semesters of the academic year subject to the conditions outlined in the contract. The official housing contract is completed online during our annual housing lottery. The Upperclass Housing Guidelines Brochure below has many elements of the terms and conditions of the contract available for reference. If you still have questions after reading this brochure, please contact the Office for Residential Life & Housing Services.

Upperclass Housing Guidelines Brochure

Fire & Life Safety Guidelines/Checklist

Reminder for current Freshmen:

When you entered UR, you signed a two year housing agreement.  The College has determined that living on-campus is important to the successful development of UR students. 

Residential Life does not anticipate releasing freshmen from the sophomore year of the housing requirement.  We will review limited requests that have supporting documentation for financial or medical accommodations.

To request a release for financial reasons: meet with someone from Financial Aid.

To request a release for medical reasons, follow the information provided on this link:

For all Upperclass students (Class of 2017, 2018, and 2019 only):

Would you like to request a Room Change? (Upperclass Students Only)

If you are an upperclass student and would like to request a room change, please come to the Central Reslife Office located at 020 Gates Wing, SBA Halls and fill out a form.

The 2017-2018 Room Selection Newspaper will be available in mid-February, both delivered to your room and found on this website.