A typical arrangement of recycling and waste containers on University campuses, from left to right: plastic, glass, and metal containers; non-recyclable trash; mixed paper.
How to Recycle
Each recycling location has a bin for mixed paper/cardboard and one for plastic, glass, and cans. Be sure to separate your recyclable materials into the proper bin. All plastic, metal, and glass items must be empty and clean.
If recycling bins from your location are missing, please call:
- River Campus — 273-4567
- Strong Memorial Hospital — 275-6255
- School of Medicine and Dentistry — 275-9203
- Off-Site locations — 275-2082
In the Medical Center, plastic, glass, and metal containers can be recycled at:
- MRB Café (containers by door)
- the Courtyard Café (containers by door/vending machine)
- the House of Six Nations Cafeteria (place on tray return)
- Flaum Atrium (2 recycling container units on the G floor and 2 on the 1st floor)
One of the new
in the Flaum Atrium
For more information about recycling at the University of Rochester, contact: