University Health Service (UHS)
UHS Health Promotion Office
The UHS Health Promotion Office emphasizes awareness of current health issues, prevention of disease and illness, and promotion of health and wellness. The primary goal of the Health Promotion Office is to provide opportunities for members of the University of Rochester community to develop health-promoting skills and attitudes necessary to make responsible decisions about personal health and health care.
The UHS Health Promotion Office is located on the second floor of the UHS Building (Rooms 224, 225, 227, and 228) on the River Campus. The Health Promotion Office is open weekdays throughout the year.
Programs & Services for Students:
- UR Healthy!The UHS Health Promotion Office is offering 2 weeks of programming devoted to mental, physical, spiritual, sexual, and social well-being! Check the Weekly Buzz and the UHS Health Promotion Office Facebook page and Twitter to find programs, events, and activities focused on health.
- SWARM (Students Wanting Alcohol Responsibly Monitored). SWARM is a program that encourages students to make an intentional decision to intervene in a situation that has the potential to be risky, dangerous, unhealthy, or an emergency.
- Educational programs and workshops. The UHS Health Promotion Office works with student groups to offer health-related programs. If your group would like to co-sponsor a program with the UHS Health Promotion Office, write to email@example.com or call 585-273-5775.
- Web-based health assessments and BASICS, a confidential alcohol assessment with Melissa Kelley, UHS Health Educator.
- Free brochures, fact sheets on a wide variety of health topics, and links to health-related web sites.
- Healthy Monday@ UR. Healthy Monday events are designed to help students adopt and maintain healthy and active lifestyles. For more information, check our Healthy Monday page on this web site and our Healthy Monday @ UR on Facebook.
- Enrolling in the Peer Health Advocacy course (PH 216)
- Joining the UR Student Health Advisory Committee (URSHAC)
- Co-sponsoring health programs and/or events
- Collaborating with staff members on a specific project (e.g., presentation on a health topic, Sex & Chocolate Health Fair, PAWS for Stress Relief, Feel Fabulous in February Program)
- Taking an Independent study course with one of the staff members