University Health Service (UHS)
Health Promotion Office
Healthy Monday @ UR
Week #3: Meatless Monday
- Every Monday is a Meatless Monday in Douglass Dining Center. Come to the Healthy Monday Meatless Monday dinner at Douglass Dining Center on the third Monday of every month to enjoy food that will help you stay healthy and reduce your carbon footprint. It's good for you and good for the planet!
- While the emphasis will be on meatless options, there will be options for people who want to eat meat. The Meatless Mondays are a good time to try to substitute fish and/or plant-based proteins for red meat without avoiding any food group.
- Look for the Healthy Monday table for resources and information on the third Monday of every month.
Join us for our MEATLESS MONDAY Dinners in Douglass each month!!
Information You Can Use:
- Food facts: information about menus and nutrition facts for campus dining facilities are available online by clicking here.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA): Learn more about the MyPlate guidelines
- Harvard School of Public Health: Learn about the Healthy Eating Pyramid, an alternative to the USDA's food pyramid.
- MeatlessMonday.com: Learn more about Meatless Mondays: many chefs—including Mario Batali—are joining the effort to serve meatless options on Mondays.
- SAVVY (Student Association of Vegan and Vegetarian Youth): SAVVY was founded to help increase awareness and to provide support for vegetarians, vegans, and anyone who is interested in learning about how our dietary and lifestyle choices affect us and our environment.
- Nutrition in the news: The University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) did a recent study about the nutritional impact of sugary drinks.
Join our Healthy Monday @ UR Facebook group
More Healthy Monday