University of Rochester


If you have questions about health insurance for families offered through the University Health Service, contact the UHS Insurance Advisor at

Health Insurance
for Your Domestic Partner

Domestic partners must meet specific criteria to be eligible to enroll in the BCBS insurance. Click here for information about enrolling your domestic partner in health insurance.

Please send questions about the technical structure/operation to the UHS Web Master
Last modified: Tuesday, 08-Oct-2013 12:55:24 EDT

University Health Service (UHS)

Health Insurance for Families

If your spouse and children will be with you in Rochester, we recommend that you purchase health insurance for them to help cover the cost of your family's health care needs while you are a student. Health insurance generally covers the cost of services such as hospitalization, surgery, and diagnostic laboratory tests and x-rays. The amount of coverage will depend on the insurance plan you choose. Health insurance will not cover all of your family's health care needs. You are responsible for paying for costs not covered by your insurance plan.

Insurance Options for Families:

Completing the Health Insurance Enrollment/Waiver Process


Contact the UHS Insurance Advisor at if you have questions about the University-sponsored health insurance plan.