University of Rochester


If you have questions about health insurance for families offered through the University Health Service, contact the UHS Insurance Advisor at

Please send questions about the technical structure/operation to the UHS Web Master
Last modified: Thursday, 02-Jun-2016 12:11:14 EDT

University Health Service (UHS)

Health Insurance for Special Programs
Study Abroad & In Absentia

Students who will be studying abroad or in absentia can enroll in the University-sponsored health insurance plan offered through UHS, or they can remain on their parent's or their own health insurance.

For the semester(s) you will be abroad, you can:

When you return to campus:

About the University-Sponsored Insurance:

The University-sponsored health insurance is offered by Aetna Student Health. For more information check View Plan Details on the University of Rochester page on the Aetna Student Health web site.

If you have questions about health insurance:

Contact the UHS Insurance Advisor, at